QuickBooks helps organizations manage their money, pay their employees, and pay their bills. That makes QuickBooks a crucial tool for businesses. But QuickBooks is also a fairly complex application. QuickBooks has provided great accounting ease to clients. Here are some common problems with and also their solutions:
1. QuickBooks Does Not Start: This is one of the most common issues related to QuickBooks. There could be two reasons for this. (i). The software is not installed properly on your computer. (ii). There are some virus issues that would have corrupted some core files of the software. The very best way to solve this problem is to uninstall the QuickBooks and we would recommend uninstalling it with all its components in safe mode. Run a complete antivirus scan, install the software again and check all firewall settings just to be sure it will not block access to the files and you are good to go.
2. Lost Connection to Data File: This has to be the most common issue related to QuickBooks. QuickBooks can be way fussy sometimes and when the issue is related to network, it might give you severe headache. Even the minor issue with the network may result in connection lost message. You may want to use QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool to determine the issue, which is highly recommended and then ensure that QuickBooks is set up correctly and that the firewall is allowing the connection.
3. Failure in Updating Data Files: There are two situations when data files cannot be updated. (i). When you are upgrading QuickBooks from one version to the next, sometimes data file cannot be read by the newer version. And that is why the data file must be updated. To avoid any issues with the data file, before you uninstall the old version and install a new version make sure you run verification on that file or you can install the new version side by side with the old version so that you will have the fallback option. (ii) Check whether the file is corrupted. This occurs mainly because of mishandling of files like improper closing or forceful opening. Solution is to recover the original file or creating the file once again. Backup of file is helpful in any case.
4. Reinstall fails: BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST! QuickBooks can be very tricky sometimes and especially when it comes to installing and uninstalling. If you need to reinstall QuickBooks, The clean uninstall is recommended. Before you do your reinstall, go ahead and uninstall using the standard Windows uninstall methods — but then go back and delete the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooksXXX directory (where XXX is the release number), as well as the C:\Windows\Users\Documents And Settings\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooksXXX directories (again, where XXX is the release number).
5. QuickBooks Runs Slowly In Multiuser Mode: This is a general problem which is faced by most of the users when working in a multiuser mode. If you have ruled out hardware, you might be facing issues in your data file. Use of large capacity of RAM and hard disk is recommended so that it can bear the load of multiple users performing crucial accounting tasks simultaneously. The fastest way to solving this is to use the Clean Up Company Data tool found in File | Utilities. If it still does not give you much of a speed, you can always choose to turn off the Audit Trail feature.